LIO BEACH or LIO TOURISM ESTATE (referred to as the "Company ") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. We strive to provide a safe, secure online experience and ensure that we comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
This Privacy Notice sets forth the online data collection, usage, maintenance, disclosure and security that apply when you disclose your personal information in connection with the Company website (together referred to as "Site") and the services provided through it, such as client inquiries, room reservations, personalization of services, or booking facility (referred to as the “Services”).
REVISIONS TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may revise this Privacy Notice from time to time as we add new features or as laws change that may affect our Site or Services. When we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the date it was last revised.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal information is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person or to identify an individual in context.
When you inquire about our products and services in this website through Contact Us, the Company collects and processes the following personal information that you provide:
- First name, Middle name, Last name
- Email Address
- Contact numbers such as Mobile number or landline
Upon Reservation using the Check Availability and Prices sub-site, additional personal information shall be collected to process your online reservation form and which includes the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Mailing Address
- Company Name
Upon reservation payment, you will be directed to our 3rd party payment gateway service owned and operated by Shopify which shall collect and process your personal and financial information according to its own terms and own policies.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
- As required to provide you with the following services:
- responding to your inquiries and communicating with you;
- processing resort reservations;
- managing bookings;
- providing customer service;
- providing you personalized and customized service when you stay with any “Lio Beach” resort or “Lio Estate Resort”.
- facilitating payments; and
- establishing and fulfilling our contract with you.
- As required to improve your experience when using our Site, in particular:
- To help us improve the layout and/or content of the Site, and customize them according to your interests and preferences;
- To notify you of service issues and unusual account actions when using our Site, should any occur.
- As required by us to enable our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- To monitor the use of our Site and Services, and may use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- To monitor our Services to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable laws;
- To investigate any complaints that we receive;
- To comply with applicable law and regulations; and
- To invite you to take part in market research, if any.
In addition, we may send you messages in relation to our products and services, for example to send notifications about new services, including offerings of Lio Beach and Lio Estate Resorts. Whenever needed, we shall secure your consent prior to processing or as soon as practicable and reasonable. Further, you can opt-out of such messages by following the instructions in the communication.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES
In order to fulfill the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice, we may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- Our employees and officers;
- Professional advisers such as lawyers and auditors;
- Insurers and credit providers;
- Authorized third-party services providers such as but not limited to administration processors, technology partners, payment processors and courier services;
- Banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers as covered by our contracts;
- Our joint venture and alliance partners; and
- Such other party whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal information.
In order to comply with legal and statutory compliance
- To the extent that we are required to do so by applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceeding;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of such personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably and is likely to order the disclosure of such personal information
Any company with which we share information about you for the above purposes is contractually required to comply with confidentiality standards, undertake to respect any individual's right to privacy, and comply with the Data Privacy Act. We also require that these organizations use this information only for our purposes and follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information. This includes organizations which handle or obtain personal information as service providers for our Company, Lio Estate Resorts, or Ayala Land.
4. PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND DIGITAL PLATFORMS
5. HOW WE PROTECT AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
When you submit information to our Site, whether it is your name or email or other contact information, we do our utmost to ensure that information is protected against loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or unauthorized access.
We employ the following practices to secure access to your personal information
- Apply security standards on website development and hosting
- We use standard encryption tools such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to help protect personal information and to keep information collected secure.
- Our website undergoes website security testing conducted by a third party prior to it being launched and when major changes has been applied.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
6. USING COOKIES
If you do not want to accept cookies from our Site, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. (Each browser's website should contain instructions on how you can do this.) If you choose to do this, please be aware that our Site may no longer function as intended.
7. THE RETENTION PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH US
We have a retention policy that keeps track of the retention schedules of the personal data you provide us depending on uses and purposes for which said data was collected.
Generally, we keep your information for the duration of your use of our Services’ use, and, to the extent permitted, after the end of that relationship for as long as necessary to perform the purposes set out in this Notice.
Whenever you provide information through Contact Us, we retain said information for the amount of time necessary in order for us complete the declared purposes for which your personal data was collected (e.g. to respond to your inquiry, process your resort reservations, manage your bookings, facilitate payments or establish and fulfill our contract with you).
Laws may require us to hold certain information for specific periods. In other cases, we may retain data for an appropriate period after any relationship with you ends to protect ourselves from legal claims, or to administer our business.
When we no longer need to use your information, we will remove it from our systems and records or take steps to anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject).
8. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
• ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request the Company to provide you with any personal information that we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. Please note further that:
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes
If the personal information that we hold about your needs to be corrected or updated, the Company shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that data collected is current, complete and accurate. If you need to access, correct and/or update your personal information, you may send the request to email@example.com.
As part of our security measures, we will contact you and conduct the necessary verification measures to process your request. Once we have implemented the necessary corrections, we shall then notify you that your request has been processed and completed.
9. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Our Company would like to ensure that you are aware of your data protection rights. You have the right:
- To be informed about what personal information our Company obtains about you, how these are collected, processed and disposed any data breach incident that affects your personal information
- To access by requesting our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- To object to our Company processing your personal information. Such a request is subject to certain conditions.
- To erasure or blocking by requesting our Company to suspend, withdraw, remove or destroy your personal information. Such a request is subject to certain conditions.
- To data portability by requesting our Company to transfer your personal information that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, subject to certain conditions.
- To rectify or correct any information that you believe is inaccurate.
- To file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission (NPC)
- To damages arising from inaccurate, incomplete, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal information by the Company.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
Should you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights regarding data you share with us via our contact and booking forms, for example, please contact:
Full name of legal entity:
TEN KNOTS PHILIPPINES INC. doing business under the name “Lio Beach” or “Lio Tourism Estate”.
3rd Floor, Alveo Corporate Center 728 28th Street, Bonifacio Global City,1634 Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines
This privacy notice sets out most of your rights under the data privacy laws. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. We ask that you keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.